Saturday, November 10, 2012

The intro (aka the rant)

I always hear people say, it's sooo hard being a housewife...all the kids, the cooking, the cleaning...

Can't really judge, since I'm yet to experience life as one. But I've got parents approaching 60 and acting like teenagers (yes, my father discovered social media last year, and decided that human interaction is no longer necessary and my mother thinks she brought me to this world to be her taxi driver), siblings who act like (and, to be fair, still are) children and a boyfriend who's like a baby (hands up who's got one of those too). On top of that, I'm juggling all the usual household chores AND a full-time job. Add to this year 2 besties' weddings for which I am maid-of-honour, a trip to Melbourne in March, holiday to Bali in May, Whitsundays for a wedding and my birthday in August, then a month-long escape in Europe in September, and I would have to say that I would give any housewife a run for their money in organisational skills. Surely a couple of kids can't be as bad as dealing with the French police in Paris ("English? No we wouldn't speak that language if it KILLS us!")

But according to my mother, a fundamental skill I lack (and therefore would not understand the art of being a housewife) is cooking. What is this? The way to a man's heart is through his stomach??? Haven't these women heard of menulog.com.au? deliveryhero.com? All of the world's authentic cuisine only a click away! Lol~

Ok, so I am here to prove my mother wrong. Cooking? Can't be as hard as Accounting 101 (which I failed, and had to transfer to Economics in first year uni)! But instead of blogging about all the successes and the great stuff that I make like all the other 100000000000 blogs I managed to find while collecting recipes...mine's going to be realistically me. If I make a cake that looks like it came out of the wrong end of my dog...that's what I would be blogging (but definitely not eating)!

So here goes...hopefully I can keep this up for a while and the photos will get prettier over time...but only time will tell!








No comments:

Post a Comment